how to install localhost using xammp:
1. Download and install XAMPP from https://www.apachefriends.org/
2. Once it is installed, launch the XAMPP Control Panel.
3. Start the Apache and MySQL modules.
4. In your web browser, go to http://localhost
5. You should see the XAMPP welcome page.
6. To view the contents of the htdocs folder, go to http://localhost/dashboard/
7. You can now access your localhost and upload files to the htdocs folder.
Wondering how you can create a localhost server for free on your desktop. Here is a tutorial on how you get it done in few steps:
attached tutorial will assist more: